5 card poker hands are the first thing you have to start with if you decided to play poker, as in general, they are the basis of all the game. 5 card poker is the simplest variation of poker, the main goal of which is to collect the best combination from the five cards with the possibility of exchange. It’s very easy to learn and play, but improving the skills all the time will give you a lot of privileges. Before, draw poker was played in any casino in Las Vegas and was very popular in all the world, but nowadays, it is considered more like a “home” game, and not so widespread compared to the famous Texas Holdem.
The best 5 card poker hands and their ranking
This type of poker is quite easy to understand. It will be enough a few games at the tables, and you will learn all the simple rules and conditions of the game. Your main goal is to collect the money that is at stake. This can be done in two ways: either be the winner by comparing hands at the end of the round or make sure that all opponents fold their cards, thereby giving you the victory. Your results will mostly depend on the 5 card drew poker hands, which you will need to learn and keep in mind all the time during the game. The ones to remember are the hands which are considered as the best and go from the strongest one to the weakest:
- Royal Flush – five oldest cards of the same suit, never fails;
- Straight Flush – five consecutive cards of the same suit;
- Four of a Kind – four cards of the same rank and one additional card;
- Full House – three cards of the same rank and two other cards of the same rank;
- Flush – five cards of the same suit;
The worst 5 card poker hands and their ranking
5 card poker hands are the most necessary thing in all kinds of poker. Exactly from them, you need to start when learning the main rules of the game. It is difficult to learn and remember the features and names in reality, but you also need to learn to see them during the game, assess the prospects, strength and know the seniority. There is the ranking of all the combinations, and among them are the weakest ones, which usually don’t bring any good results. So below, you can get familiar with the 5 card poker hands chart of the worst hands, starting from the weakest to the strongest:
- High Card – combination of cards that does not refer to any other hand, the weakest one;
- Pair – two cards of the same rank and three additional cards;
- Two Pair – two cards of the same rank, two cards of another rank, and one additional card;
- Three of a Kind – three cards of the same rank and two additional cards;
- Straight – five cards in sequence of seniority, but not of the same suit.
5 card poker is very interesting and entertaining game, and if you decided to play it for the first time, always pay attention to the best and the worst hands. Understanding your combinations well, you will be making decisions in the trades, evaluating your chances of winning.